Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Many people have asked me over the last several years how or when I realized there was something psychic going on in my life....

Through the days, weeks and months (perhaps years) ahead, I will share posts that will explain some of my life experiences about how I got to where I am today and more.  Enjoy!

I was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  I have vague memories of the first house I lived in with my Parent's and two older Brothers.  I remember while living in this house saying to myself, "I wish I was psychic."  (I was under 6 years of age when I said this.  Is it normal for a child six or under to even want something like this?  Even that didn't seem odd to me.)

Now, I'll say somewhat lightheartedly, "be careful what you wish for."  Obviously, I love this gift and work very hard to stay true to myself and Spirit in using these gifts.

Almost as fast as I said it I also thought to myself, "Well maybe I don't want to be psychic.  What if I see things I don't want to see?  What if it scares me?"  

It is true that Psychic abilities are very real.  For me this isn't something I can turn on or off.  It's working 24/7 and at times it makes it very hard for me to sleep.  Am I always right?  No.  Do I always receive an answer?  No.  Sometimes we are not supposed to know.  When I don't feel something I will be honest and say so.  It behooves no one for me to make up a story if I am not receiving an answer.

Is there such a thing as "The Six Sense" -- Yes, having psychic abilities is a sense just like the other senses and we are constantly using it.

I will tell anyone that it's important to trust your gut -- trust your instincts and pay close attention to red flags. When something doesn't feel right about a situation it's because you feel or sense in your gut that something doesn't seem up to snuff.  Listen to those gut feelings and learn to trust them.

As a young child and growing up I would get visuals or hear answers in my mind and I'll be honest, I thought that was how it worked for everyone.  It didn't occur to me that there was anything psychic going on.  Sometimes I listened to those thoughts and feelings and other times I did not.  I wasn't at a place where I completely put my trust in Spirit.

I don't and won't claim to know everything because I can't and it wouldn't be appropriate.  I am happy with the knowledge I do have but I am always hungry to learn more.

A little more about me and my life experiences along the way . . .

In 1979, I found myself sharing my first apartment with my friend, HJ.  She and I had such a great time during those 7 months.  As our lease ended HJ found out she was expecting.  What is the point of telling you this story?

Move forward 11 years to 1990 and once again I was sharing a home with HJ.  She was going through a divorce and I needed a place to live.  By now she had four children.  I had been briefly married and was trying to figure out where I was going in life.  I remember when I was first moving in with her that I made a comment, "Watch, I'll be the one to get pregnant this time and my luck, I'll probably have twins."  We laughed and didn't give it much thought -- words in passing (or so I thought).

Fast forward again -- it was February 1991 and I realized I was late (yes, that's what I'm talking about).  I took a home pregnancy test and it turned pink in less than a minute flat.  What's interesting about this is that I was told when I was married that I would probably never have children.  I was given less than a 30% chance of ever getting pregnant.  My cycles had always been off the charts -- some months being very short and others being very long.

OK, so first Doctor's visit and he tells me I am measuring a bit big for how far along I am and asks me if am I sure about when I got pregnant to which I answered, Yes.  I get to my next months Doctor's visit and once again he tells me the same thing.

The following month I decided to bring my niece along so she could hear the baby's heartbeat and once again when I arrived the Doctor questioned how far along I was.  He then said, "OK, let's get an ultrasound scheduled and see what's going on here."  He wanted me to come back on another day but I asked to have it done that day so I didn't have to miss more work.  I was single and couldn't afford being gone from work all the time.  They were able to fit me in and within the hour (with my niece by my side), I hear the ultra sound tech say, "No wonder you are measuring so big.  You're having twins."  I left the Doctor's office with 4 pictures that day -- 2 each of Twin A and Twin B.  We went right from the Doctor's office to share the news with my family and friends.

Today's news -- my beautiful twin daughters will be 21 this month.  I couldn't be more proud of them.  They are juniors in college.  They know what they want and where they are going in life.  I "AM" blessed.

OK, enough for today -- more stories AND more adventures ... coming soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment