Sunday, September 23, 2012

May 2012: George "John"

I had just had new blinds installed in my room earlier in the day.  My day was filled with shopping, dinner and finishing some updates in my home.  Apparently, I went to bed with the windows being strong in my mind.

That night, I went to bed and was pretty exhausted.  Oftentimes I do not remember my dreams, however, this particular night, I did.

(DREAM STATE)

I heard a knock on the window that faces my back yard.  I looked out and a man was standing there.  I didn't recognize him.  He was an older man with dark hair and distinguishing features.  He looks at me and says, "I'd like a cheeseburger please."  I replied, "I don't serve cheeseburgers here."  Even in my dream I knew I was sleeping because I went right back to bed.  A short while later, I heard another knock from the same window.  It's the same man and he says, "I'd like a cheeseburger with ketchup, mustard & pickles."  Again, I responded, "I'm sorry but I don't serve cheeseburgers here."  And ... again, I returned to my bed.

Then I realized I felt scared or afraid.  So I hollered out, "Dad."  But I couldn't hear my own voice.  Again, I hollered out, "Dad."  Again, I could not hear my own voice.  So I decided the next time I needed to holler REALLY loud and I said, "DAD."  The next thing I know I hear my Mother (passed away 1/31/10) saying, "Arne, Kathy is hollering for you."  Then I hear my Dad (passed away 9/23/09) say, "Oh, is she?"

The next thing I know my friend, Carrie (a high school classmate that I haven't seen in at least 5 years) appears in my room.  She said, "Kathy, everything is fine.  Everything will be OK."  Immediately thereafter, I heard the sound of a diesel truck from the other window in my room.  She and I both looked out together and we saw a white diesel truck backing out of the neighbors driveway.

Then, I woke up.

I tried to decipher what the dream meant and I'll admit I was baffled.

The following weekend (Memorial Weekend), I kept hearing the name George in my head.  Over and over and over again.  I'm thinking to myself, "Who is George?"

It was either Sunday or Monday of that weekend and as usual I got up, fixed my coffee and checked the local online obituaries.  (May sound a bit morbid, but I grew up with my folks doing it, so that was something I had become accustomed to.)

Imagine my surprise when all of a sudden I see a picture in the obits of the man from my dream.  George "John" (I'll refrain from using his last name for privacy reasons.)  It was exactly the man who came to me in my dreams.  His obit states, "The family would like to extend a special thank you to ....., and all the neighborhood friends for their support and friendship for John during his illness."

George "John" 
(July 21, 1939 - May 23, 2012) 

Here we are 4 months after his passing and he is still on my mind. I finally figured out that the white diesel truck was him showing me he was on his way to his next destination in the afterlife.

White vehicles in dreams symbolize, transportation. Wanting to move ahead.

He was showing me that he was preparing to move ahead.  Apparently, he was craving a cheeseburger.  Unfortunately, I did not feed him.  I was frightened.  I need to learn not to be afraid.

Thank you George.  I appreciate your visit.  May you rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment