Sunday, February 10, 2013

Making the Weekend (continued from Sunday, 01/20/13)

Part 2 of 4
This is the continuation to the post: (Holding Hands with the Holy Spirit)


One Saturday night my husband and I went out for a while with one of his Sisters, *Lisa and her husband, Nick.  I nonchalantly brought up the fact that I was going to attend the upcoming Religious Encounter Weekend (REW) and asked her if she might like to go with me.  She said she would think about it and get back with me.  I'll be honest, I really was not expecting her to attend.  

It was the following evening, Sunday night and I attended another REW Prayer Meeting.  My mind had wondered off a bit and all of a sudden I heard a voice in my head saying, "Lisa is going to make the weekend.”

In a nearby room my husband was with a group of men who were preparing for their upcoming men’s REW.  We drove home together afterwards and as we did I told him about what I had experienced.  He said, “Hmmm, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.”

The next morning, I was in my car on my way home from running errands in town.  I noticed that Lisa had called my cell phone and left a message.  I quickly returned her call.  Lisa picked up the phone and I asked her how it was going.  When she answered I could tell she was excited.  She said, “You are not going to believe what happened.  This morning when I arrived at work I found some papers on my desk that my boss  had left for me to type.  I realized it was a talk he was giving for an upcoming Men’s REW.  I knew that was a sign and I am going to make the weekend with you, Kathy.”  (Confirmation to listen to that still voice of Spirit)  As it turned out, Lisa’s husband Nick made the Men’s Weekend with my husband, too.  Nothing could be better than to have the both of them make a weekend the very same year.  Thank you, Lord for allowing us to share our faith with Lisa & Nick. 

That same year I had also tried to get my Mom to come along and she had said if she could get the time off work she thought it would work out.  I was excited about sharing my faith and this experience with family and friends.  As it turned out my Mom came along, too and this was an incredible weekend for us to share together and a memory that will fill my heart with gladness forever.  We cried many a tear but we also shared so many Spirit moments. 

More important I thank you Lord for allowing me to have this wonderful memory with my Mom.  We were both moved by this weekend and its effects are with me to this day.  The bond between Mother and Child is blessed further when we are able to bind it together by faith & love!

1 Corinthians 2:12
We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.

*Names changed

Coming soon ....

Part 3 of 4:  Silent Prayer Partner
Part 4 of 4:  The Penny, A Gift of Spirit


No comments:

Post a Comment